There are a number of beauty schools in Texas that you should consider attending to earn your certification or degree and work in the beauty industry. And, with a booming economy that is consistently adding jobs, there could be many opportunities for employment once you’ve completed your education.
According to a Texas Workforce press release in March 2013, the state of Texas added over 310,000 jobs over the course of the last year, helping to make it the second highest employment state for cosmetologists.
Ready to begin your search for a Texas beauty school?
Before applying for your license in Texas, you must first meet the educational training hours required by the Texas Board of Cosmetology. Each beauty specialty is different, so it is important to be aware of how many hours are needed per each.
- Cosmetologist: 1,500 training hours
- Barber: 1,500 training hours
- Massage Therapist: 500 training hours
- Manicurist: 600 training hours
- Esthetician: 750 training hours
- Cosmetology Instructor: 1 year work experience + 500 additional training hours
Find Cosmetology Schools by Programs in Texas
- Barbering Programs in Texas
- Cosmetology Programs in Texas
- Cosmetology Instructor Programs in Texas
- Esthetics Programs in Texas
- Electrolysis Programs in Texas
- Fashion Design Programs in Texas
- Hair Braiding Programs in Texas
- Hair Styling Programs in Texas
- Makeup Artist Programs in Texas
- Massage Therapy Programs in Texas
- Nail Technician Programs in Texas
- Permanent Makeup Programs in Texas
- Salon Management Programs in Texas