Advance Your Career in Beauty in Plano!
Once you’ve made the decision to become a licensed beauty professional in Plano, your next step is to locate a school that can accomodate your specific wants and needs. You’ll find a couple of specialized schools in the area that offer beauty courses that may be up your alley. Some of these schools include: the Regency Beauty Institute-Plano, Ogle School of Hair, Skin, & Nails and the I.T.S. Academy of Beauty. The types of programs you can enroll into include: cosmetology, nail tech, skincare tech and hair weaving.
The hourly requirement you have to spend in each ‘niche’ before you qualify to take the licensing exam is dictated by the Texas Board of Cosmetology. You’ll find some of the hourly requirements for the most popular classes in the list below:
• Skincare Technician – 750 hours
• Hair Weaving – 300 hours
• Manicurist/Pedicurist – 600 hours
• Cosmetologist – 1,500 hours
Once you’ve chosen the avenue you’d like to follow, it’s time to begin looking for local beauty schools. Choosing a school is incredibly easy when you use our free database, so have a look! We make it simple for you to find programs in your area and request information!
Job Duties of Various Beauty Professions
When you know what a job entails, it can help you to choose whether or not it’s something you would enjoy as a career. Because there are different types of beauty professions (and consequently, courses) at your disposal, it’s important to do a little research about the tasks that would be performed in each of them. Below, you’ll get a quick overview of the duties of various beauty professionals:
• Hair Weaver: If you don’t want to deal with all aspects of hair care, you may be interested in focusing just on hair weaving. In this course, you’ll learn about different types of weaves and different types of creative styles you can use.
• Mani-Pedi Tech: Caring for the hands and feet of your clients extends further beyond just nails. It includes their skin as well. This means washing, scrubbing and moisturizing the hands and feet of your clients, making them smooth, clean and presentable. Not everyone loves feet, so this may or may not be for you!
• Skincare Technician: A lot of people suffer from skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, dry and/or oily skin. With the knowledge you learn in this course, you’ll be able to treat your clients’ skin using soaps, oils and masks that help to alleviate these problems. You’ll also learn how to recommend your clients to a dermatologist when it is deemed necessary.
• Cosmetologist: In this field, your daily tasks will stem from styling, washing and dying hair to applying makeup, nail polish and facials. Caring for hair, skin and nails is what cosmetology is all about, so you’re a jack of all trades.
Advancing Your Beauty Career with a Bit of Networking
One of the best ways to advance your beauty career is to meet other professionals (and potentially clients). This is called ‘networking’ and is incredibly important for career growth. Reaching out to local beauty salons and spas, attending events in your city and state, and handing out business fliers/cards is all of paramount importance.
If you’re interested in renting a chair in a beauty parlor, then you should look for local beauty shops near you, like TK Hair Salon. There are salons throughout Plano and surrounding areas that focus on specialty beauty services, such as African American hair salons and Indian beauty salons, among others. There is a lot of diversity in this area for you to choose from.
With the economy as it is, likely you’re wondering what type of money you could potentially earn in the beauty industry. Although there are no promises, you can easily research the salary ranges for each of the beauty fields. On O*Net, you’ll find that cosmetologists and hairdressers in Plano typically make between $16,600 and $44,600. The estimated new job openings that would take place in Texas for this field is supposed to increase by 21 percent between 2010 and 2020. This is calculated to be around 1,800 new positions.
Start networking your way into a career in the beauty industry. Contact the beauty schools in Plano, TX to learn more!
Find Cosmetology Schools in Texas by Program
- All Barbering Schools in Texas
- All Cosmetology Schools in Texas
- All Cosmetology Instructor Training Schools in Texas
- All Electrolysis Training Schools in Texas
- All Esthetics Schools in Texas
- All Fashion Design Schools in Texas
- All Hair Schools in Texas
- All Make-up Artist Schools in Texas
- All Massage Therapy Schools in Texas
- All Nail Technician Schools in Texas
- All Permanent Makeup Training Schools in Texas
- All Salon and Spa Management Schools in Texas
Plano Beauty and Cosmetology Schools
Regency Beauty Institute-Plano1017 North Central Expressway Plano, TX 75075
Programs Offered: Cosmetology
Weekend Classes: Yes