With nearly 11,000 cosmetologists in Massachusetts, it is no wonder that its one of the top states to consider completing your cosmetology program from. In fact, not only is Boston the 8th highest for cosmetology employment but Massachusetts also has the top paying metropolitan for cosmetology professionals in the Brockton, Bridgewater, Easton area. Before you join other top cosmetologists, you first step needs to be finding a beauty school best suited for your educational needs!
Ready to compare cosmetology schools in Massachusetts?
Enrolling in a top cosmetology program will quickly get you on your way to a beautiful career in the fast paced cosmetology industry, as the education training hours is significantly lower. While searching for schools, be sure that the programs you are interested meet the following classroom hours required by the Massachusetts Board of Registration of Cosmetologists, which is the licensure board for estheticians, cosmetologists and manicurists.
- Cosmetologist: 1,000 training hours
- Esthetician: 300 training hours
- Nail Technician: 100 training hours
If you are interested in completing a barber program or massage therapy program, you should be certain that the schools fulfill the training requirements required by the Board of Registration of Barbers and the Board of Registration of Massage Therapy, respectively.
- Barber: 1,000 training hours
- Massage Therapist: 650 training hours
Find Cosmetology Schools in Massachusetts by Program
- Barbering Programs in Massachusetts
- Cosmetology Programs in Massachusetts
- Cosmetology Instructor Programs in Massachusetts
- Esthetics Programs in Massachusetts
- Electrolysis Programs in Massachusetts
- Fashion Design Programs in Massachusetts
- Hair Braiding Programs in Massachusetts
- Hair Styling Programs in Massachusetts
- Makeup Artist Programs in Massachusetts
- Massage Therapy Programs in Massachusetts
- Nail Technician Programs in Massachusetts
- Permanent Makeup Programs in Massachusetts
- Salon Management Programs in Massachusetts