There is a reason New Jersey has recently been nicknamed the “Glamour State,” making it a great option for you to attend cosmetology school. With 35 beauty programs for you to choose from, you have plenty of options to compare different school options to guarantee you find the one most suited to you!
Ready to find your cosmetology program?
The New Jersey State Board of Cosmetology and Hairstyling offers seven cosmetology license options once you have completed your training at a state approved cosmetology school. Depending on which cosmetology specialty you wish to pursue, you will need to meet the following cosmetology training requirements before applying for licensure:
- Cosmetologist: 1,200 hours of cosmetology instruction
- Manicurist: 300 hours of manicuring instruction
- Skin Care Specialist: 600 hours of skin care instruction
- Electrologist: 600 hours of electrology instruction
- Permanent Makeup Artist: 100 hours of instruction
- Massage Therapist: 500 hours of massage therapy instruction
- Cosmetology and Hairstyling Teacher: current cosmetologist-hairstylist license, 500 hours of teacher training course, proof of completion of 30-hour teaching methods course from an approved institution of higher learning, and at least six months of employment in a licensed establishment.
Find Cosmetology Schools in New Jersey by Program
- Barbering Programs in New Jersey
- Cosmetology Programs in New Jersey
- Cosmetology Instructor Programs in New Jersey
- Esthetics Programs in New Jersey
- Electrolysis Programs in New Jersey
- Fashion Design Programs in New Jersey
- Hair Braiding Programs in New Jersey
- Hair Styling Programs in New Jersey
- Makeup Artist Programs in New Jersey
- Massage Therapy Programs in New Jersey
- Nail Technician Programs in New Jersey
- Permanent Makeup Programs in New Jersey
- Salon Management Programs in New Jersey