It’s no wonder Ohio has become a popular state for cosmetology students to complete their beauty education. As a top state for employment opportunities with over 50 beauty schools for you to choose from, now is the time to fulfill your dreams of becoming a cosmetologist.
Start looking for your ideal Ohio beauty school!
In order to become a licensed cosmetologist in Ohio, you must first meet the training hours required by the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology.
- Cosmetologist: 1,500 training hours
- Hairstylist: 1,200 training hours
- Esthetician: 750 training hours
- Cosmetology Instructor: Current license + 1,000 additional training hours or 1 year of salon experience
Once you have completed your cosmetology program, you must pass the state board before working in the state. Once you have received your cosmetology license, you are not required to complete any continued education hours, unless you are a cosmetology instructor. BeautySchools.com recommends that you consider taking courses yearly though in order to stay updated on all of the latest beauty industry trends.
If you wish to pursue a career as a barber or a massage therapist, your licensing boards will be the Ohio State Barber Board or the State Medical Board of Ohio, respectively. While looking for Ohio schools that offer these cosmetology specialties, be sure they cover the following required classroom hours:
- Barber: 1,800 training hours
- Massage Therapist: 750 training hours
Find Cosmetology Schools by Program in Ohio
- Barbering Programs in Ohio
- Cosmetology Programs in Ohio
- Cosmetology Instructor Programs in Ohio
- Esthetics Programs in Ohio
- Electrolysis Programs in Ohio
- Fashion Design Programs in Ohio
- Hair Braiding Programs in Ohio
- Hair Styling Programs in Ohio
- Makeup Artist Programs in Ohio
- Massage Therapy Programs in Ohio
- Nail Technician Programs in Ohio
- Permanent Makeup Programs in Ohio
- Salon Management Programs in Ohio
Beauty Schools by City in Ohio
Cosmetology is an exciting career that allows people to live out their passion and creative dreams. It is a business that is needed in just about every city and town, meaning there is ample opportunities to find an open salon or to set up your own. It is an opportunity to truly love what you do, and help other people have confidence and feel good about themselves.
It is a rewarding career choice. To succeed in this field, there are some requirements that must be fulfilled, but there are many schools throughout the state of Ohio that can help guide applicants through the process and help them be successful cosmetologists.