Home to top celebrity fashion stylist, Lindsay Shores, and designer L’Wren Scott, it’s no wonder that Utah’s beauty industry is gaining popularity with many students wanting to follow in these beauty professionals’ footsteps. BeautySchools.com wants to make finding a school as easy as possible so that you can be on your way to pursuing your dream of working in the cosmetology industry. Search the Web’s most extensive list to find a program that best suits your educational needs.
Ready to begin your search?
In order to receive your cosmetology license in Utah, you must meet the educational requirements established by the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing. There are 11 possible cosmetology licenses in the state of Utah. A minimum amount of training or apprenticeship hours from approved post-secondary institutions is required for licensure.
- Barber: 1,000 training hours
- Barber Instructor: 500 additional training hours or 2,000 hours of experience as a barber
- Cosmetologist: 1,600 training hours
- Cosmetology Instructor: 1,000 additional training hours or 4,000 hours of experience as a cosmetologist
- Esthetician: 600 training hours
- Master Esthetician: 1,200 training hours
- Esthetician Instructor: 300 additional training hours or 1,000 hours experience as an esthetician
- Electrologist: 600 training hours
- Electrologist Instructor: 175 additional training hours or 1,000 hours experience as an electrologist
- Nail Technician: 300 training hours
- Nail Technician Instructor: 150 additional training hours or 600 hours experience as a nail technician
- Massage Therapist: 600 training hours
Utah is also one of only a few states that does not allow you to pursue license reciprocity if you have received your training in another state. Instead, you can apply for licensure by endorsement.
Find Schools in Utah by Program
- Barbering Programs in Utah
- Cosmetology Programs in Utah
- Cosmetology Instructor Programs in Utah
- Esthetics Programs in Utah
- Electrolysis Programs in Utah
- Fashion Design Programs in Utah
- Hair Braiding Programs in Utah
- Hair Styling Programs in Utah
- Makeup Artist Programs in Utah
- Massage Therapy Programs in Utah
- Nail Technician Programs in Utah
- Permanent Makeup Programs in Utah
- Salon Management Programs in Utah