In a state that holds such a high standard for beauty, it should come as no surprise that Florida is a top choice for you to consider when comparing cosmetology schools. With beauty programs in private university’s and career colleges, you are sure to find the one that is best suited for helping you to succeed in the beauty industry. On top of that, Florida is has the fourth highest employment level for those in this field, making it a great location to grow your career. The Bureau of Labor Statistics notes that the metropolitan Florida area with the most cosmetology jobs is Palm Coast, and the highest cosmetology wages are in Fort Myers, Sarasota, Naples, and Marcos Island, as high as $43,000.
Receive cosmetology training in Florida to join the beauty industry!
Attending a Florida beauty school is the first step towards your goal of living and breathing the cosmetology industry. The Florida Board of Cosmetology requires that in order to receive your license to practice cosmetology you must meet the following required training hours from an accredited school.
- Cosmetologist: 1,200 training hours
- Manicurist: 240 training hours
Florida also has separate licensing boards for those who wish to work in the capacity as a barber or a massage therapist. In that case, you should be certain your cosmetology school covers the following required hours by the Florida Barbers’ Board and the Florida Board of Massage Therapy, respectively.
- Barber: 1,200 hours of barber training
- Massage Therapist: 500 hours of massage training
Florida currently does not require a license for estheticians, but does require you complete 260 hours of training to work as a registered facial specialist.
In addition to the state licensing boards, the Florida cosmetology industry is also backed by the Florida Association of Cosmetology and Technical Schools (FACTS.) Formed in 2011, its comprised of members who work to guarantee that beauty programs are regulated properly.
Find Schools in Florida by Program
- All Barbering Programs in Florida
- All Cosmetology Programs in Florida
- All Cosmetology Instructor Training Programs in Florida
- All Electrolysis Programs in Florida
- All Esthetics Programs in Florida
- All Fashion Design Programs in Florida
- All Hair Braiding Programs in Florida
- All Hair Styling Programs in Florida
- All Make-Up Artist Programs in Florida
- All Massage Therapy Programs in Florida
- All Nail Technician Programs in Florida
- All Permanent Makeup Programs in Florida
- All Salon Management Programs in Florida